Let the journey of living life fully begin…
Let’s start using the knowledge we have learned thus far and put into practice some of the concepts and ideas within The Higher Path Project. Remember, knowledge provides value to our lives but putting it into action empowers us. The 2 to 1 ratio: For every minute you spend learning something, you should spend 2 mins taking action on it.
Living life fully should not be a secret, nor should it be a concept nor impossible. It is within the very grasp of your reality, your potential and your present. It’s within that first step you take on a thousand-mile journey.
But before we jump into the 10 Do’s and Don’t’s, let’s take a deep dive into what living a fulfilling life might mean for each of us.
Know Your True Self
Every journey, adventure, but more importantly, positive change starts from within. For any positive change to occur there is a fundamental step that should occur: Truly know yourself. We believe there are two fundamental truths:
- There is beauty in the uniqueness in each of us
- There is no right or wrong, good or bad
Before taking on a journey to self-improvement and full potential, there should be a journey that occurs from within. A journey that should be guided by your heart and pure silence of the mind. Once you can silence the mind from the day-to-day noises and distractions, let your heart guide you through what makes you “you”. What makes you happy, gives you joy, gives you purpose, and ultimately settles the turbulent river within you.
A Little Wisdom
If you have ever seen the “Kung Fu Panda” movie, you might recall a scene between master Oogway and Shifu where master Oogway says “Your mind is like this water, my friend, when it is agitated it becomes difficult to see but if you allow it to settle the answer becomes clear”.
For some us, it might be a rather unusual place to find inspiration from but this movie is full of wisdom. Our advice is to take a moment to embrace that quote and let it sink in. Think about what it means to you.
Discovering Your Essence
Once you allow yourself to tap into your true self then a window towards your essence opens up. It is only then when your mind settles that the answer becomes clear. You can finally realize who you are meant to be, who you can be and what you can accomplish. Do not ever let yourself or others doubt the uniqueness, essence, and value in you. For that is all that is, in reality, substantial about our existence. Without it, we are simply shells made of flesh and bones carrying thoughts and emotions around on this Earth.
As mentioned above there is no right or wrong around this concept. Its ultimate purpose, as discovering your essence, is a very personal and profound journey. Furthermore, it is a journey that will change your perspective on living life fully as your energy, thoughts, and actions will revolve around your essence. Only then you can start engineering and building a life that is aligned with your values, your purpose, your happiness, and ultimately your essence.
The grim reality is that most of us live a life preconditioned by society. And everything that comes with it: Standardized education, the misuse of modern technology and so many other factors that suppress your essence and true potential. The majority of us will die never discovering our essence and full potential.
Keep The Spark Within You Ignited
Within the single first step of the thousand-miles journey lies a spark. Without that spark, the journey becomes a brutal and imposing path for which you will only feel gravity working downwards on you. Remember, there is no right or wrong and no ones walk the same path nor grows at the same pace as you. But hopefully, like me, that spark within you has already ignited by a deep feeling of curiosity. The curiosity that tells us that there is more to this world than your eyes can see and more to yourself than your mind can sense.
It is all about the childlike curiosity in you, never let it die. Curiosity might be the single strongest motivation factor driving me personally in this project. At the very center of my essence, lies a never-ending thirst for knowledge, meaning, a purpose, and for looking at the world through people’s eyes. It is also, for fundamental truth, for what is reality and effectively embracing all of it back into my essence and what I do.
And Finally, 10 Do’s & Don’ts of Living Life Fully
10 Do’s –
- Be Present – Always wonder why animals, especially dogs are always so happy and grateful? It is quite simple, they ALWAYS live in the present fully enjoying every passing second. There is a reason why the present is called “present”, it is a gift.
- Think Positively – Remember, we are what we think. Positive Thoughts=Positive Mind=Positive Life
- Be Kind – There is a very powerful feeling when you simply take your guard down and simply act in kindness and compassion. It’ll become apparent, you’ll feel it tap into your fiber.
- Be True to Yourself – You can’t live life fully without knowing what life means to you and you alone.
- Give Back – This is similar to “Be Kind” but the difference is this encompasses an action. It is similar to the “Pay It Forward” concept.
- Inspire – Be a point of inspiration. Be the change you want to see in the world, other’s will follow.
- Be Curious – Curiosity tells us that there is more to this world than your eyes can see and more to yourself than your mind can sense. It will take you far.
- Take Action on Your Dreams – Do not live in the tomorrow, there is no better time than now for the now is all we have.
- Share Your Happiness and Success – We are not meant to walk this Earth alone. One mind is unique and beautiful, but a collection of minds is powerful and gives more meaning to life.
10. Trust the Universe – Whether this means trusting a specific God or simply the universe, trust that there are great things aligned to you. You will be surprised.
10 Don’t’s –
- Live Life Through Others – Life is relatively brief and nothing short of amazing, why live it through others when it’s right in front of you?
- Feel Jealousy of Other’s Happiness or Success – This will immensely influence your ability to succeed and learn from others. This is a collective journey that we go through at different paces, take advantage of the first steps of the journey begun by others.
- Surround Yourself with Negative People – They will drain you and ultimately make you go off course and adrift. Instead, surround yourself with like-minded people that will inspire you, motivate you and ultimately help you grow.
- Let Fear Get in the Way – Life is full of endless possibilities and experiences. It is also very short, do not miss out because of fear. Fear is an illusion.
- Let a Few Negative Emotions or Experiences Make You Jaded – You will inevitably encounter them along the way. But the weight of the good emotions and experiences will outweigh the bad ones.
- Sit on Knowledge – Knowledge is important, but taking action on knowledge is powerful.
- Let Pride Get in the Way – Learn to be humble and open to growing.
- Listen to the Noise in Your Head – Silence the mind and the answers will become clear.
- Let Your Past Define You – The preconditioned mind can be hacked and reset. The only you that exists in time is now.
10. Let Technology Isolate You – Its true purpose is to bring the world to your feet.
Start The Journey To Living Life Fully
We want to leave you with an open discussion about this article. The Higher Path Project strongly believes in the value and uniqueness in each of us, in the paths we walk and the perspective that makes us complete as a whole. We are not here, nor we are meant, to walk alone so we want you to share your thoughts, your perspective, your opinions with us in the comments section below. Or simply tell us what are some of the things you would include/exclude in our list above.
The Higher Path Project